November Athlete Feature
She may come across as shy and quiet but she is actually a legit bad ass! Ms. Murray and I have a lot of common friends from “back in the day” even though we did not know each other so it makes perfect sense that she would find a home at BOTB and quietly crush workouts day after day. If I come up with a workout that makes Lisa sweat then I know I’ve done a good job. The way she crushes workouts and PR’s with just a smile is always impressive and just goes to show you that you always have to watch out for the quiet ones. Lisa is always down to give something a try even if she’s not sure if she can do it. It is that willingness to try that allows her to keep making gains, get fitter, and keep progressing. The more I get to know Lisa the more she surprises me…..I am so happy she ran into Dawn at Costco. I think y’all are really going to like her video…ENJOY!!!
1. What brought you to Crossfit and what keeps you coming back? I love Crossfit and BOTB in particular because the people and coaching staff are so encouraging. BOTB challenges me in a way that I could never challenge myself on my own. There are many movements and exercises I had never done before until I came here. I’ve learned and improved so much! In the morning it’s great because I can stroll in with no plan for myself, just follow instructions and leave having gotten a solid workout!
2. Tell us about your life outside of the gym. (family, career, interests, hobbies) I work in finance but I won’t bore you with those details. Diversify yo bonds!
I have an awesome fiancé and a two year old little boy that keeps me on my toes and melts my heart every day.
I’m a big hip hop fan and I grew up loving all aspects of the culture (DJing/MCing/breaking/grafitti). I love music, which is why I’m constantly asking JB, “What mix is this??” Love it! In a previous life I used to break(dance) with a crew that was super dope and even danced professionally for about 9 years, which includes a season with the Phoenix Suns hip hop squad. It’s something that will always be a part of my soul even if I no longer do it for a living.
3. What is your favorite Crossfit movement and/or Benchmark workout? I love any kind of squats but my favorite benchmark is Annie. It’s fun once you really get whipping on those DU’s🤓
4. What is the movement that when you see it on the board you want to leave the gym? There’s not many movements that I truly dread but my least favorite is Overhead squats 😭
5. What is your favorite indulgent food/meal?
Pizza with pepperoni and pineapple on top.
6. What is your favorite motivational quote? A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure. (I had to google for a quote I liked.)
7. If you could be an animal what animal would you be and why? I wish I could be a panda because all they do is eat and play. They are always enjoying themselves and they’re cute.
8. How has Crossfit impacted your life and helped you live “Life Unbroken”? Crossfit has taught me so many valuable things that I consider priceless. It makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.
2017 11 10