Athlete Feature Katie
What can I say about Katie except her and I have so much fun in the gym and it’s almost non-stop laughs. When we filmed her video it was like 20min of footage but it seemed like we were shooting for 5. Katie and I went to the same Elementary School, Aire Libre, albeit a decade or so apart, lol. We grew up in the same area as well. She is a no BS kind of lady which is one of our favorite things about her. While she may seem like she is no nonsense she is actually a pretty silly person with a great work ethic. We are lucky to have her at BOTB. So….take a few minutes and get to know her……..
- What brought you to Crossfit and what keeps you coming back?
I’ve always been active and have worked out but I kept hitting a plateau. I saw what Crossfit was doing for my sister-in-law and I wanted in. What keeps me coming back is the challenge. I am always being tested and pushed to my limit.
- Tell us about your life outside of the gym. (family, career, interests, hobbies)
Outside of the gym I am usually working. Other than that I have a puppy that keeps me pretty busy, her name is Lilly. Two best friends, we try and get together at least once a week and a boyfriend that travels quite often for work. When I have the time, I enjoy painting.
- What is your favorite Crossfit movement and/or Benchmark workout?
It would be a tie between Deadlifts and Front Squats.
- What is the movement that when you see it on the board you want to leave the gym?
- What is your favorite indulgent food/meal?
Green Tea Mochi. (but it has to be the right kind)
- What is your favorite motivational quote?
Deserve your dream.
- If you could be an animal what animal would you be and why?
I would be a Wolf. Athletic, loyal and strong minded but willing to compromise. Or maybe a Koala. A tree dwelling, eucalyptus eating marsupial that everyone finds cute. (depends on the day)
8. How has Crossfit impacted your life and helped you live “Life Unbroken”?
It’s made me feel stronger both physically and mentally. Crossfit constantly pushes me past where I think my breaking point is or was. My goals are always evolving to get better and not accept defeat.
2018 08 31